Sexual disorders or sexual malfunction as in Wikipedia, refers to a difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity, including desire, arousal or orgasm. The lack of a fulfilling sex life can often lead to psychological and some physiological problems that affect our everyday lives.
Sexual disorders may be classified into four categories which are sexual desire disorders, arousal disorders, orgasm disorders and pain disorders. There are many factors which may result in a person experiencing a sexual disorders. These may result from emotional or physical causes.
The physical causes include:
1. Certain medications may suppress the libido and lead to sexual disorders.
2. The usage of recreational drugs also adversely affects a person’s sex drive.
3. Back injuries and especially injuries to the spinal cord can have a significant impact on a person’s sex life.
4. Hormonal deficiencies, especially low levels of the male and female sex hormones can affect the sex drive.
5. Certain diseases also have a negative impact on a person’s sex drive and can lead to sexual disorders. These include multiple sclerosis, diabetic neuropathy, endocrine disorders, tertiary syphilis, and tumors.
6. A reduction in the sexual urges is also natural as a person ages.
The emotional causes include:
1. Past or present sexual trauma has strong underlying effects on a person’s sex life and may lead to multiple sexual disorders. This can be readily seen in victims of rape or childhood sexual abuse.
2. Stress also has a significant negative impact on a person’s sex drive. Stress is the single biggest cause for sexual disorders today.
3. Anxiety disorders can also lead to sexual problems.
4. Depression also has a negative effect on a person’s sex life.
The earliest attempts at treating sexual disorders, especially erectile dysfunction, date back to Muslim physicians and pharmacists in the medieval Islamic world. They were the first to prescribe medication for the treatment of this problem, and they developed several methods of therapy for this issue. Nowadays,there are numbers of remedies that can be utilized to help overcome sexual disorders.
. Garlic is a potent aphrodisiac and can help to cure impotence in men. Just chew on two to three cloves of garlic every day or add garlic to your meals.
. Massage therapy can also help to relieve stress and promote blood flow to the organs of the body, including the sexual organs, to improve their functioning.
. Aromatherapy has a powerful effect on the body and mind and can help to relieve stress and other psychological triggers associated with sexual disorders. Some of the essential oils that can help reduce stress and rejuvenate your sex life include lavender, jasmine, cardamom, clary sage, and rose.
. The regular practice of yoga can help to relieve sexual disorders stemming from both physical and emotional problems.
. Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. Exercise is supposed to release “happy hormones” known as endorphins that will add to overall positivity and good health.
. Ensure that you have a healthy diet — avoid too much red meat and high fat foods in general, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, make sure that your diet contains enough fiber and gives you all the required vitamins and minerals.
. Avoid indulging too much in substances like coffee and alcohol and quit smoking.
. Foreplay would more aptly and scientifically be known as sensory pleasure aimed towards sexual gratification. Irrespective of gender, this is an important part of the sexual game in any normal and healthy relationship that includes sex as an important factor.
. Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor and your partner.
. Various creams and jellys, relaxation techniques, regular penetration are helpful to overcome from female sexual arousal disorder.
. A hot bath before intimacy helps in relaxing both body and mind. Adding a few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil will prove beneficial as it known to intensify sexual desire while energizing the body as a whole.
. Chewing a small piece of ginger 15-20 minutes before making love is also believed to be beneficial as it helps to focus on the act, thus increasing the intensity of love-making.
. While bananas are more highly regarded in the sexual zone because of their shape, they also contain B vitamins that help convert carbohydrates into energy and help the body produce sex hormones such as testosterone.