How To Prevent High Blood Pressure
* Eating healthy diet. Following a healthy eating plan can both reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure and lower an already elevated blood pressure.
* Reduce salt. For someone with high blood pressure, the doctor may advise eating less salt and sodium. These lower-sodium diets also can keep blood pressure from rising and help blood pressure medicines work better.
* Maintain healthy weight.Being overweight increases your risk of developing high blood pressure. Blood pressure rises as body weight increases. Losing even 10 pounds can lower blood pressure.
* Exercise. Exercise is the most important step to prevent or control high blood pressure. It also helps reduce your risk of heart disease.
* Stop smoking. Even though smoking does not cause high blood pressure, it is bad for anyone, especially those with high blood pressure. Once you quit, your risk of having a heart attack is reduced after the first year.
* Decrease the amounts of alcohol intake.Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure. Alcoholic drinks also contain calories, which matter if you are trying to lose weight. Have only a moderate amount.
* Avoid stress. Stress can make blood pressure go up for a while, and it has been thought to contribute to high blood pressure.
Labels: General Health