Back fat is unattractive but can be reduced with the help of regular exercise and a proper diet. Reducing fat in the back alone, also known as spot reduction, is not possible. The body reduces fat in layers, so in order to lose fat from the back, you will have to lower your all-over body fat. Starvation diets to lose fat only backfire resulting in more weight gain.
1. Hide your back fat for now. That super-tight spandex shirt might not be your best option. Instead, choose looser-fitting knits that won't cling to every inch of your flesh. Make sure that your bra is not too tight, either; otherwise, you'll get even bigger bulges around the straps. You could also try wearing a camisole, undershirt or even a sports bra (over your regular bra) as a buffer - something between your back and your clothes.
2. The worst thing you can do is try to do too much too soon.Lose weight gradually instead of quickly to reduce your chance of gaining the weight back. Lower your calorie intake by 500 to 1,000 calories to start losing up to two lbs. per week.
3. Avoid unhealthy, processed foods that will make you gain or hold onto weight instead of getting rid of it. Stay away from sugar, fried foods, saturated fats and simple carbohydrates. Avoid nighttime snacking, and most importantly eat regularly. Skipping breakfast could set you up for a binge-fest later on.
4. Get regular physical activity. Build up your cardiovascular exercise routine to 45 minutes per day, for three days a week. Run or walk in place, ride a stationary bike or use the elliptical machine or stair-climber if you have one at home. Swimming and kickboxing are excellent ways to burn calories and tone your back.
5. Perform compound exercises such as push ups, lunges, squats, dead-lifts and bench dips to support your cardiovascular efforts in burning fat.Target your back fat with yoga or pilates; these body-toning workouts will help you get rid of back fat, plus they'll help relieve any stress you may have - especially yoga.
6. Tone and tighten the back with back exercises. Back exercises don't burn fat, but will help toned muscles to show through once you body fat has been reduced.Perform dumbbell rows, lying dumbbell rows and push ups. Include exercises, such as the plank and crunches, to tone the abdominal.
7. Wear body shaping underwear and garments to instantly get rid of back fat and to shape your upper body. Body shapers are available for both men and women.
Labels: Weight Loss and Diet