Belly fat or abdominal fat is the most common type of obesity. It is also known as visceral fat, spare tire or pot belly. This type of obesity is most difficult to lose. Belly fat is equally common in men and women. It not only affects your appearance, but also causes a number of health problems.Major causes of belly fat are genetics, improper digestion, stress, menopause, slow metabolism, lack of exercise and excess eating.
Flat tummies and six pack abs are what everyone desire, but no one seems to know how to get rid of belly fat. Here are some effective ways to lose those belly fat.
1. Lower your calories intake to get rid of belly fat in the most effective way. Losing fat in general, on any area of your body, actually requires you to reduce your calorie intake. If you are eating too much, you won’t lose fat around your belly or anywhere else.
2. Stop drinking beer. Beer has a substantial amount of calories in it. Another reason to stop drinking beer is because of the inflammation it causes in the liver and pancreas, leaving a person bloated. Also make sure you are not drinking an excess of number of other alcoholic drinks as these are often combined with other sugary drinks like soda.
3. Cut down your sugar intake. Refined sugar such as the kind you find in junk food burns far more quickly than natural sugar such as that found in fruit. Sugars are later converted into fat and at least some, if not all, is going to head towards your belly. Use calorie free sugar for sweetening. If you’re going to enjoy sweets, enjoy them right before you use the Stair Master.
4. Along with a reduced calorie diet plan you need to have regular exercise. Daily exercise and walk helps in losing belly fat. Exercise boosts your body metabolism and help burn more calories and stored fats that contribute to your belly fat.
5. To burn fat around the belly area, you need to do abdominal exercises such as sit ups or crunches. You will create strong muscles that at first will be hidden under the belly fat, but when the fat starts to fade away, your toned muscles will show through.
6. Live a healthy life which include proper nutrition, drinking plenty of water daily (8-10 glasses), getting plenty of sleep every night (7-8 hours) and regular exercises.
7. Have snacks even while you are dieting to lose belly fat such as apples and yogurt. This will keep your metabolism running strong.
Labels: Weight Loss and Diet